True North Gear is looking for a superstar Accountant to join our small and mighty accounting department. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and able to work independently within the context of teamwork. Our team anticipates and responds to our customers’ needs with personality, professionalism, and promptness.
Who you are:
· You understand that your customers are both internal and external and that they deserve your best work.
· Accuracy and details make you happy and you have an eye for both.
· You see magic in Excel and the order and efficiency of financial processes gets you jazzed.
· You know it’s okay not to know something and aren’t afraid to ask a question and are eager to learn.
What you’ll do if hired:
· Prepare bank and credit card reconciliations including monthly employee expense account reconciliation
· Process cash receipts for Accounts Receivable
· Follow up on customer past due balances and report to Director of Accounting status of customer accounts
· Assist with Cash Report-30-day forecasting and provide additional customer analysis to assist with business decisions
·Prepare or support preparation and filing of city and state B&O taxes for multiple locations
· Assist with period close activities GL reconciliations and creation of journal entries
What you need to bring to the table:
· A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as superb organizational and time management skills.
· A passion for excellence; you take the time to do the job right the first time.
· A desire to own your regular responsibilities and a willingness to help when and where needed.
· Consistency and reliability.
· Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
· Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Outlook and Excel, and no fear of learning new software.
· Knowledge of QuickBooks
Who we are:
True North Gear is a family-owned company that was founded in 1992. We design and manufacture innovative flame-resistant clothing and bags for firefighters, line workers, and people who work close to fire hazards. Each member of our team is integral to our purpose of serving those who job is protecting the lives of others. We value Integrity, Ownership, Creativity, a Wow Factor, and Having Fun.
Still reading? Then we think you should apply!
*This is an on-site position requiring physical attendance in our facility. You must be able to provide proof of full vaccination status.