True North Gear is looking for a superstar Accounting Clerk to join our small and mighty accounting department. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and able to work independently within the context of teamwork. Our team anticipates and responds to our customers’ needs with personality, professionalism, and promptness.
Who You Are
- You understand that your customers are both internal and external and that they deserve your best work.
- Accuracy and details make you happy and you have an eye for both.
- You see magic in Excel and the order and efficiency of financial processes gets you jazzed.
- You know it’s okay not to know something and aren’t afraid to ask a question and are eager to learn.
- Issue invoices and credit memos to our external customers.
- Review the data input in the accounting system to ensure final bill accuracy.
- Ender vendor payables to correct expense and classification.
- Prepare payments for disbursement.
- File, scan and maintain accounting filing and records.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as superb organizational and time management skills.
- A passion for excellence; you take the time to do the job right the first time.
- A desire to own your regular responsibilities and a willingness to help when and where needed.
- Consistency and reliability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, particularly Outlook and Excel, and no fear of learning new software.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or previous accounting experience preferred.
Who We Are
True North Gear is a family-owned company that was founded in 1992. We design and manufacture innovative flame-resistant clothing and bags for firefighters, line workers, and people who work close to fire hazards. Each member of our team is integral to our purpose of serving those whose job is protecting the lives of others. We value Integrity, Ownership, Creativity, a Wow Factor, and Having Fun.
Still, reading? Then we think you should apply!
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
$18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location