True North Gear is looking for a sharp-eyed Quality Control Assistant to join our small and mighty quality assurance department. We are looking for a detail-obsessed individual who is able to self-motivate and work independently even after the seventh hour of inspecting stitches. Our team knows that their work is the cherry that assures our customers receive the best quality products.
This is an on-site position requiring physical attendance in our facility. You must be able to provide proof of full vaccination status.
Who You Are
- Accuracy and details make you happy and you have an eye for both.
- You understand that your customers are both internal and external and that they deserve your best work.
- Doing the same job over and over all day doesn’t faze you.
- Inspect a variety of finished sewn products for defects, examining irregularities in shaping, centering, stitching, seams, etc.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Document findings
- Assistant in determining patterns of quality issues.
- Participate in regular virtual or in-person company meetings
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as solid time management skills.
- A passion for excellence; you take the time to do the job right the first time.
- An ability to maintain the same high standards from the beginning of the day to the end.
- Dependability and consistency.
- Bi-lingual verbal skills in Vietnamese, Mandarin or Cambodian, and English.
- An ability to stand for up to 2 hours on a hard surface.
- Close visual acuity and depth perception; ability to use hands and fingers throughout a shift.
- Experience with fine detail work (sewing, quilting, etc.) or garment knowledge is a plus.
Who We Are
True North Gear is a family-owned company that was founded in 1992. We design and manufacture innovative flame-resistant clothing and bags for firefighters, line workers, and people who work close to fire hazards. Each member of our team is integral to our purpose of serving those whose job is protecting the lives of others. We value Integrity, Ownership, Creativity, a Wow Factor, and Having Fun.
Still, reading? Then we think you should apply!
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
$17 per hour
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location