When you join the team at True North, you’re joining a family. Founder Alyx Fier started building inventive gear in his garage in 1992, and the company is still family-owned today. In fact, we’re just up the street from the Seattle, Washington garage where it all started. When you work here, you work with people who truly care about the process, the product, and the people.
Why True North?
We blend meaningful work with a passion for people. We knew from the beginning that the folks who work in harsh landscapes need exceptional gear. In order to create something that truly works for them, we need employees that understand the challenges customers face on the front lines and who are always creating inspirational and useful solutions.
You would be happy on our team if you believe the same things we do:
- Integrity: We consistently and uncompromisingly adhere to our values.
- Ownership: We stand behind our actions while taking feedback to heart.
- Creativity: We use our imagination to solve serious problems with ingenuity.
- Wow: We strive to surprise and delight. You can expect the unexpected from us.
- Fun: We know that life is short, and we think we should enjoy what we’re doing while we’re doing.
Our Hiring Process
In general, our hiring process looks like this:
- Application: Take a look at our current openings
- Review: We take the time to truly look through the resumes we receive, whether that’s for an immediate opening or future consideration
- Phone Interview: The next step is getting to know you a little better. We speak on the phone to make sure the job feels like a good fit
- In-Person Interview: We like to make sure you have time with both the hiring manager and the executive leadership team, to fully understand the position and the culture here
- Meet and Greet: We roll the building tour and staff introductions into one visit, to offer a complete view of your work environment
- New Hire Paperwork: The final step before the hiring process is complete is filling out some forms. We also like to do a background check on all new employees
- Welcome! You’re part of the team! We invite you in with lunch, another round of introductions, a look at the equipment and a robust onboarding plan
Join the Team
Want to join our team, but don't see any openings? We'd still love to hear from you! Be sure to send your resume our way; we are always on the lookout for exciting new team members, and we’d love to know a little more about why you’d like to work with us.