ISO 9001 Certified Company
ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification enables True North Gear to demonstrate our commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, as well as continuously improving our company’s operations. The internationally recognized quality management system standard is the preferred solution for organizations worldwide.
In November 2008 the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) introduced a revised Quality Management standard based on the same process model as the 2000 revision, with an emphasis on measuring customer satisfaction. The current version continues to emphasize compatibility with ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems.
The goal is to seek continuous performance improvement. All requirements for quality management of the product or service are covered in ISO 9001 which includes a quality planning requirement along with policies, objectives and quantifiable targets.
ISO 9001 requires True North Gear to have a quality manual which includes the documented procedures or references to them. The manual includes a description of the sequence and interaction of the processes that make up the quality management system specific to our business. In addition, the scope of the system has to be clearly defined.
Overall, the effect of the requirements of the standard is to reduce the instances where documented procedures are mandatory (there are only six mandatory procedures) and to allow the organization the freedom to determine the type and extent of documentation needed to support the operation of the processes that make up the quality management system.
Key Benefits of ISO 9001
What it does:
- Establishes and streamlines processes through complete documentation · Improves and establishes training processes
- Defines roles and responsibilities
- Greatly increases operational efficiency
- Increases ability to troubleshoot
- Develops and builds relationships that help to retain existing customers
- Provides advantages over competitors that aren't certified ISO 9001:2008
- Builds opportunities for global commerce with international recognition
- Improves customer relations
- Improves relationships with suppliers due to clear, concise production standards.
- Provides basis for consistent and fact-based decision making.
- Carefully planned improvements, based on documentation and analysis
- Provides for regular audits/reviews of performance
- Increases productivity
- Maximizes quality
- Increases revenue
- Improves employee morale and satisfaction
- Saves time and money
- Enhances ability to attract new customers that have adopted requirements for certification
- Improves accountability of management
- Increases employees' understanding of their roles in success of their work and the company