True North Gear Blog
True North Gear seeks an Assistant Buyer
Posted by Jacqueline L.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer for our production department, located in our Seattle office. If you're interested, check out the job description and see if you're a good fit for the position. For immediate consideration, send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to fax to 206-723-1890 or respond to us via our posting on Craiglist.com. No phone calls please.
True North Gear has an immediate opportunity for an EXPERIENCED Assistant Buyer in our Seattle office.
True North is a family owned and operated company founded in 1992. True North has grown from a one-man operation to an ISO 9001:2008 registered company whose products are distributed worldwide. The company designs and manufactures top quality bags and fire resistant work wear for the fire, search & rescue, and industrial safety markets. Though we've grown, our headquarters are still in Seattle, just up the street from the garage where we started.
From the beginning True North's philosophy has been to provide innovative products at competitive prices, then back them up with a lifetime warranty and great customer service. It's not rocket science, just treating people the way we want to be treated.
You can learn more about our customers and company at www.truenorthgear.com.
You will be a member of our 3 person Production team and assist with getting products sourced, manufactured, and received.
• Create, send, and confirm purchase orders
• Track purchase order progress and get updates regarding delays
• Resolve any invoice, receipt, and freight discrepancies with suppliers
• Track drop-ship orders to confirm receipt of goods at sewing factories
• Create work orders and generate pick lists for raw materials in the warehouse
• Make purchase order and work order revisions in the system and communicate changes
• Create and revise bills of materials
• Help source new materials and/or suppliers
• Create product specification sheets
• File purchasing related paperwork
The ideal candidate should possess the following experience and skills:
• 2 years purchasing / buyer experience
• Intermediate Excel skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to analyze situations and effectively decide on good business solutions for all parties involved
• Solid computer skills. Specific focus on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience with Quickbooks and Fishbowl Inventory is ideal.
• Monday -- Friday 8AM-4:00PM
• Hourly Rate + Quarterly Bonus: DOE
• Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
• Paid Time Off + 6 paid holidays
• Free Parking, Close to Light Rail and Bus Stop